The sink is a detail that shouldn’t be overlooked when planning your bathroom remodeling project — the right sink style can take your bathroom into the realm of the extraordinary. In today’s post, DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Southeast Florida shares a look at some of the most popular bathroom sink styles.
- Pedestal sink. A pedestal sink looks great on traditional bathroom designs. The basin is supported by a shaft that tapers to a wider base. The shaft typically houses the plumbing, which makes it the ideal choice if you want a freestanding sink. It’s important to note that hidden plumbing is more difficult to repair than wall-mounted sinks. Also, pedestal sinks have larger footprints than other styles, which makes them less than ideal for powder rooms and smaller bathrooms.
- Undermount sink. An undermount sink is installed beneath the countertop. Since the countertop surface extends over the basin, it makes the countertop easy to clean. However, it also means the hidden area under the countertop lip is difficult to clean. This particular style is also popular in kitchen remodeling designs.
- Vessel sink. A vessel sink features a basin that sits on the countertop. It can add a great deal of flexibility with your bathroom design because the basin can be virtually any shape.You’ve probably seen basins made of stone or wood, materials you don’t normally see with other bathroom sink styles.
- Console sink. A console sink can add a rustic look to your bathroom. It features a basin supported by two or four legs, with the plumbing exposed underneath. You can add an even more rustic look by repurposing vintage furniture for the lower part.
- Wall-mounted sink. If you’re remodeling a small bathroom or just want to get the most out of your floor area, a wall-mounted sink may just be what you need. A wall-mounted sink is also ideal for wheelchair users because of the space underneath it, and that you can set a custom height for a better reach.
- Farmhouse sink. While a farmhouse or apron-front sink is typically seen in kitchens, its practical features — exposed front lip, practical design, greater selection of materials — make it a good choice for busy households.
Let’s Start a Conversation!
DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Southeast Florida offers a wide range of professional remodeling services, including bathroom remodeling and cabinet resurfacing. To get started with a no-obligation consultation, call us at (772) 200-2625 or (561) 935-3915. You can also contact us online!. We serve homeowners in Jupiter, FL, as well as the surrounding communities.